Welcome to Serenity
Yoga & Pilates Studio
Serenity offers specialized training for older adults, scoliosis, breast cancer recovery, prenatal/postnatal yoga and Pilates, and personal training for strength, balance, flexibility, weight loss, relaxation, and other health benefits*. And now offering TRX! Click here for more information on TRX. We offer many tuition options to attend our classes. You can attend one class for 3 or 4 consecutive weeks at a discounted rate, or attend multiple classes whenever you would like with a punchcard.
All yoga, TRX and Pilates classes focus on proper mental and physical balance, breathing, concentration, flexibility, core strength, neuromuscular functioning, and muscular toning.
What’s New? (Updated February, 2014)
For your convenience, our schedule and advanced registration is supported by MINDBODY ONLINE: Click here.
- Prenatal yoga March session begins Thursday, March 6th at 5:30 PM. Meets March 6, 13, & 27. Please go to Mind/Body to register. Doctor’s signature is required on Medical Release below. Our 4-week April session begins April 3rd.
- Gentle Mat Pilates with Mary is for those with injuries or those who like to understand each Pilates movement in a slow, measured context. It begins Tuesdays at 5:30 PM, March 4, 11, 25. No class the 18th. This class is perfect for those who are beginners to matwork, experience discomfort during the exercises, or like to move at a slow, controlled pace. Only $35 for the month.
- Join us for our 2 Hour Restorative Workshop with Kristin Marrs 4-6 PM, Saturday, March 29th. Please register before March 22nd to receive $10 off the course. See Our Team tab above for Kristin’s Bio.
- Join us for Sunrise Yoga in March, 6AM Mondays with Marcie. Get your morning started right with a heat-building combination of Vinyasa flow and Kundalini influenced Yoga, the perfect practice for Monday morning! Only $40 for the month. No class March 17th.
- NEW March Mat Pilates Class with Kristin Hood, Mondays at 6:35 PM, walk-ins welcome! No class Monday March 17th. Only $35 for the month.
- NEW Gentle Yoga Class Mondays at 5:25 PM with John and Thursdays at 6:30 PM with Marcie begins March 3 & 6. Attend one class- $40 for the month, both classes- $70 for the month!
- TRX! Join us for total body suspension training starting in March, morning and evening classes available. You attend, you get RESULTS! No class the week of March 17-22.
200 Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training Begins August, 2014!
Please see our page above in the menu for more info about our teacher training and you may register for the training online or by phone. You can also call or email us for more information about our Registered Yoga Teacher Training Program Intensive beginning August, 2014. Please call to submit your non-refundable registration fee of $100 and secure your space, we have 10 openings. Become a Yoga Alliance (RYT 200) Registered Yoga Teacher with our diverse training program!
Yoga classes at Serenity
Yoga systematically tones and stretches the body, calms and relaxes the mind . We offer multiple styles of yoga for everyone including restorative, gentle and vinyasa (flow). Yoga offers practitioners balance in mind and body and can be combined with any other recreational activities and sports to improve performance. Yoga has been found to help improve relaxation, mood, balance, flexibility, muscular strength, lung capacity, digestive processes, and cardiovascular endurance. Being flexible is not required to practice yoga, to become flexible is exactly why one should practice yoga. At Serenity we place you into a position to be successful with individual attention by fitting the pose to your body, rather than forcing your body to fit a pose.
Pilates classes at Serenity
Pilates classes are faster paced and have the added benefits of coordination and abdominal endurance. Classes offer flexibility combined with core strengthening and total body conditioning. It will balance the body and improve mental awareness accompanying any activities you perform. Many practitioners find Pilates helps with flexibility, muscular balance, and muscular control. Pilates may also help individuals control lower back pain, hip, shoulder, and other muscular imbalances.
Are Yoga & Pilates for me?
Yoga and Pilates are great additions to any exercise routine, can help you train for sports or recreational activities, can help to reduce chronic stiffness, weakness, pain and are also great forms of exercise for beginners through advanced practitioners. In our studio we offer exercise for people of ALL ages, fitness levels, and interests.
Click below for new client forms