Welcome to Serenity
Yoga & Pilates Studio
Serenity offers specialized training for older adults, scoliosis, breast cancer recovery, prenatal/postnatal yoga and Pilates, and personal training for strength, balance, flexibility, weight loss, relaxation, and other health benefits*. And now offering TRX! Click here for more information on TRX.
All yoga, TRX and Pilates classes focus on proper mental and physical balance, breathing, concentration, flexibility, core strength, neuromuscular functioning, and muscular toning.
What’s New? (Updated December, 2013):
For your convenience, our schedule and advanced registration is supported by MINDBODY ONLINE: Click here.
- Relax and Rejuvenate after the Holidays with our Saturday Afternoon Restorative Workshop Series with Kristin Marrs 2:00-3:15 PM January 25th, February 1, February 8, Feb 15. Please register before January 20th online to receive $10 off the series. See Our Team tab above for Kristin’s Bio.
- Recover from the Holiday hustle with our next 1-Day Restorative Relax and Learnshop Saturday January 11th with Marcie, 10:15-11:45. This 1.5 hour workshop will center, relax and calm the mind with an extended 30 minute Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep and guided meditation). Click on the Mindbody link above for more info, see the workshops tab on Mindbody.
- NEW Sunrise Yoga! 6AM Mondays with Marcie, get your morning started right with a heat-building combination of Vinyasa and Kundalini influenced Yoga, the perfect practice for cold Winter Mondays! Starts January 20th, $60 for 6 weeks.
- NEW Mat Pilates Class with Kristin Hood, Mondays at 6:35 PM, starts January 20th. Go to the Mindbody link above to register for your space. Only $60 for 6 weeks.
- NEW Gentle Yoga Class Mondays at 5:25 PM with John and Thursdays at 6:30 PM with Marcie begins January 20th & 23rd. Special! Only $60 for 6 weeks.
- TRX! Join us for total body suspension training starting in January, morning and evening classes available. You attend, you get RESULTS! Special! Only $60 for 6 weeks.
- Prenatal yoga classes, please email us to be placed on our contact list
200 Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training
Register before December 21st, 2013 and receive $500 off our total tuition. Please see our page above in the menu for more info about our teacher training and you may register for the training online or by phone. You can also call or email us for more information about our Registered Yoga Teacher Training Program Intensive beginning January 25th, 2013. Become a Yoga Alliance (RYT 200) Registered Yoga Teacher!
Yoga classes at Serenity
Yoga systematically tones and stretches the body, calms and relaxes the mind . We offer multiple styles of yoga for everyone including restorative, gentle and vinyasa (flow). Yoga offers practitioners balance in mind and body and can be combined with any other recreational activities and sports to improve performance. Yoga has been found to help improve relaxation, mood, balance, flexibility, muscular strength, lung capacity, digestive processes, and cardiovascular endurance. Being flexible is not required to practice yoga, to become flexible is exactly why one should practice yoga. At Serenity we place you into a position to be successful with individual attention by fitting the pose to your body, rather than forcing your body to fit a pose.
Pilates classes at Serenity
Pilates classes are faster paced and have the added benefits of coordination and abdominal endurance. Classes offer flexibility combined with core strengthening and total body conditioning. It will balance the body and improve mental awareness accompanying any activities you perform. Many practitioners find Pilates helps with flexibility, muscular balance, and muscular control. Pilates may also help individuals control lower back pain, hip, shoulder, and other muscular imbalances.
Are Yoga & Pilates for me?
Yoga and Pilates are great additions to any exercise routine, can help you train for sports or recreational activities, can help to reduce chronic stiffness, weakness, pain and are also great forms of exercise for beginners through advanced practitioners. In our studio we offer exercise for people of ALL ages, fitness levels, and interests.
Click below for new client forms